Commodities-Markets-Economic Times Commodities – Check Commodity prices today on The Economic Times. Find latest commodity news, commodity market updates, Commodities price chart, analysis and more.
- Oil trades at multi-year highs on demand expectationson 2021-06-15 at 15:23
Brent crude rose 78 cents, or 1.1%, at $73.64 a barrel by 1311 GMT, the highest since late April 2019. US oil gained 88 cents, or 1.2%, to $71.76 a barrel, a 32-month high.
- Fed taper talk fears keep gold locked in tight rangeon 2021-06-15 at 15:20
Spot gold edged 0.1% lower to $1,864.86 per ounce by 10:00 a.m EDT (1400 GMT), while US gold futures rose 0.2% to $1,868.70.
- Copper hits 7-week low as funds, traders cut long positionson 2021-06-15 at 12:57
Benchmark copper on the London Metal Exchange was down 3.9 per cent at $9,587 a tonne in official trading.
- Crude oil futures move higher amid firm spot demandon 2021-06-15 at 11:05
On MCX, crude oil for the June delivery traded higher by Rs 17, or 0.33 per cent, at Rs 5,208 per barrel.
- Copper futures drop 2% as participants trim positionson 2021-06-15 at 11:02
On MCX, copper contracts for the June delivery eased by Rs 17.1, or 2.29 per cent, to Rs 728.75 per kg.
Oilprice.com The latest news and headlines
- Japan Aims To Make Hydrogen Power Mainstreamby Tsvetana Paraskova on 2021-06-15 at 22:00
Japan, a country heavily dependent on fossil fuel imports, is betting big on hydrogen in industry, power generation, vehicles, and shipping as it looks to reach net-zero emissions by 2050. The country’s new green strategy relies on hydrogen to cut the dependence on fossil fuels. Hydrogen has gained a massive amount of traction and hype in recent months as governments, international organizations, and oil and gas supermajors say that it could be the key to helping the decarbonization of emission-intensive industries in the energy transition. …
- The Secret To Securing Conflict-Free Metalsby OilPrice.com on 2021-06-15 at 21:30
Following a presentation at the G7 Summit Fringe in Cornwall, Fieldfisher released a new guide titled “Supplying responsibly: Towards a clean metals supply chain,” where the London-based law firm outlines how upstream suppliers of mineral and metals products can comply with new legislation on, and customer demand for, clean, conflict-free raw materials. One of the main points Fieldfisher presents in the guide is that enhanced supply chain scrutiny should not be about risk-avoidance, that is, about dodging certain jurisdictions affected…
- The Renewable Boom Faces A Major Hurdle Despite Record Investmentsby Haley Zaremba on 2021-06-15 at 21:00
As the global clean energy revolution has accelerated at a breakneck pace over the last year, the renewable energy industry has encountered some serious growing pains. Earlier this year, the gangbusters green energy revolution of 2020 finally seemed to experience a market correction as previously white-hot stocks finally started to decrease in price. Last month, two major exchange-traded funds which center their portfolios around clean energy investments, Invesco Solar ETF TAN and the Invesco WilderHill Clean Energy ETF PBW, were down 30% and 26%…
- Oil Prices Climb On Huge Inventory Drawby Julianne Geiger on 2021-06-15 at 20:46
The American Petroleum Institute (API) on Tuesday reported a draw in crude oil inventories of 8.537-million barrels for the week ending June 11. Analysts had predicted a much smaller draw of 3.290 million barrels for the week. In the previous week, the API reported a draw in oil inventories of 2.108 million barrels after analysts had predicted a draw of 2.036 million barrels. Crude oil inventories have fallen by more than 22 million barrels since the start of 2021, according to API data, but are still up 34 million barrels since January 2020. WTI…
- Ohio Considers Joining Growing Coalition To Protect Natural Gasby Charles Kennedy on 2021-06-15 at 20:30
Ohio may soon join a dozen U.S. states to have enacted legislation to preemptively block cities and counties from banning natural gas as a source of heating or cooking in new homes. A committee at the Ohio Senate is expected to vote on Tuesday on such legislation, Ohio Capital-Journal reported. The so-called House Bill 201, if it makes the committee vote on Tuesday, could be headed for a full vote at the Senate as early as this week. Ohio House passed the bill last month with 65 votes in favor and 32 against, with all Republicans and two Democrats…
USDA – Latest News Releases USDA – Latest News Releases
- USDA Launches Grant Program to Help Expand Regional Economies and Create High-Wage Jobs in Distressed Rural Communitiesby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-06-15 at 14:00
WASHINGTON, June 15, 2021 – United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development Rural Business-Cooperative Service Administrator Karama Neal today unveiled a new grant program to help rural communities create good-paying jobs and support new business opportunities in high-growth fields.
- USDA Announces Additional Aid to Ag Producers and Businesses in Pandemic Assistance for Producers Initiativeby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-06-15 at 13:00
WASHINGTON, June 15, 2021 — Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced today additional aid to agricultural producers and businesses as part of the USDA Pandemic Assistance for Producers initiative. Earlier this year, Secretary Vilsack announced plans to use available pandemic assistance funds to address a number of gaps and disparities in previous rounds of aid. As part of the Pandemic Assistance initiative announced in March, USDA pledged to continue Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) payments and to provide aid to producers and businesses left behind.
- USDA to Begin Work to Strengthen Enforcement of the Packers and Stockyards Actby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-06-11 at 15:00
WASHINGTON, June 11, 2021 — The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will begin work on three proposed rules to support enforcement of the Packers and Stockyards (P&S) Act, the 100-year old law that was originally designed to protect poultry and hog farmers and cattle ranchers from unfair, deceptive, and anti-competitive practices in the meat markets. USDA’s pending action was noted in the Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions released today by the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- USDA Launches Resource Guide to Help America’s Rural Workforce Build Back Betterby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-06-10 at 15:00
WASHINGTON, June 10, 2021 – United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development Justin Maxson today unveiled a resource guide (PDF, 2.5 MB) to help rural community leaders start and expand employment opportunities and access resources to train, recruit and create a sustainable rural workforce.
- USDA Expands Cooperative Interstate Shipment Program for Meat Processors to 9 States with Addition of South Dakotaby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-06-10 at 14:00
WASHINGTON, June 10, 2021 – The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the State of South Dakota have finalized a Cooperative Interstate Shipment (CIS) agreement, which provides an opportunity for selected state-inspected meat and poultry processors to ship their products across state lines. Under the CIS agreement, the State of South Dakota may inspect meat in selected establishments for shipment throughout the United States.
- Pace of European asset managers’ race for Asia growth heating upby Bloomberg on 2021-06-15 at 12:08
Asia represents 13% of the global investment market, and China’s investable assets may reach $39 trillion by 2025, according to BCG data.
- Rakyat’s big stress book not a worry, Negara’s capital resilientby Bloomberg on 2021-06-15 at 09:00
Bank Negara’s capital could endure loan slippages of 49 trillion rupiah under stress, despite lagging larger peers as higher credit costs hit profit.
- Dynamic opportunities ahead for Asia’s hedge fund industryby Bloomberg on 2021-06-15 at 07:43
Experts discussed the reasons why an increasing number of allocators are looking to Asia as well as the latest macro-environment factors affecting the industry, vital asset allocation considerations and best practices when starting a hedge fund.
- Learn how much of a bond portfolio can be liquidated in one dayby Bloomberg on 2021-06-14 at 14:06
To understand and assess market liquidity, use Bloomberg’s Liquidity Assessment (LQA) function.
- Stay ahead of the LIBOR transition in swaps portfoliosby Bloomberg on 2021-06-14 at 13:44
To understand and assess LIBOR exposure in a swaps portfolio, use Bloomberg’s Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) function.
For the latest commodities news worldwide from the American Petroleum Institute, USDA, Economic Times, Bloomberg News, Oil & Gas Prices, and more, check here daily–save this link!