Commodities-Markets-Economic Times Commodities – Check Commodity prices today on The Economic Times. Find latest commodity news, commodity market updates, Commodities price chart, analysis and more.
- Gold slips on buoyant bond yieldson 2021-04-10 at 07:23
U.S. producer prices increased more than expected in March, resulting in the largest annual gain in 9-1/2 years, fitting with expectations for higher inflation as the economy reopens.
- Oil prices dip on mixed supply and demand outlookon 2021-04-09 at 15:31
Brent crude futures for June fell 37 cents, or 0.59%, to $62.83 a barrel by 1338 GMT while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude for May was at $59.24, down 36 cents.
- Punjab to begin wheat procurement from April 10; farmers to be paid in bank a/cson 2021-04-09 at 15:01
Ashu said the department of agriculture and farmers’ welfare expect the arrival of 130 lakh tonnes of wheat in the local markets (mandis). He said the state has increased the number of procurement centres from 1,872 to 4,000.
- Copper futures drop on weak demandon 2021-04-09 at 11:05
On MCX, copper contracts for April delivery eased by Rs 3.25 to Rs 692.35 per kg.
- Aluminium futures drop marginally on muted demandon 2021-04-09 at 11:03
On MCX, aluminium for delivery in April declined by 75 paise to Rs 184.95 per kg.
Oilprice.com The latest news and headlines
- North Dakota Oil Pipeline Prevails Over Environmentalistsby Julianne Geiger on 2021-04-09 at 22:30
The Dakota Access Pipeline will not be ordered to shut down while pending review, government lawyers told U.S. District Judge Brian Boasberg on Friday, much to the ire of environmentalists who have long called for the pipeline to be shut down. According to Ben Shifman, a Justice Department Attorney, the government is still reserving the right to shut down the pipeline at any time during the environmental review by the Army Corps of Engineers. That review is not expected to be complete until this time next year. For DAPL, that’s a lot of uncertainty.…
- Iran Says It Will Return To Nuclear Compliance After U.S. Lifts Oil Sanctionsby Julianne Geiger on 2021-04-09 at 21:30
Iran insists that it will only start complying with its obligations under the nuclear deal after the United States removes all the sanctions on the Islamic Republic, Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said. World powers, including the United States, started talking about the deal in Vienna this week. “Iran will return to its JCOPA obligations once the US fully lifts its sanctions in action and not in words or on paper, and once Iran verifies the sanction relief,” Iran Press News Agency reported, citing the Ayatollah…
- China Sets World Record For Deep-Sea Drilling In Disputed South China Seaby Tsvetana Paraskova on 2021-04-09 at 19:30
China has set a world record for deep-sea drilling in the South China Sea, Chinese state media reported, while tensions in the disputed area are rising. According to the Xinhua news agency, Chinese scientists aboard a marine research vessel drilled on Wednesday 2,060 meters (6758 feet) under the seabed to obtain a sediment core. China’s drilling system Sea Bull II is the world’s only seabed drilling equipment with a drilling capacity of more than 200 meters (656 feet), and it could help the country to explore natural gas hydrate resources,…
- Oil Prices Post Weekly Loss On Covid Concernsby Tom Kool on 2021-04-09 at 19:00
Oil prices are set to post a loss this week as demand fears and Covid lockdowns counteract optimism over a tightening market.For more great energy content, make sure you subscribe to the Oilprice youtube channel for breaking news and analysis.Friday, April 9th, 2021Oil prices are set to post a loss this week, following several days of up-and-down trading. The story is the same – a jockeying between market tightness and concerns about demand amid spreading Covid cases and lockdown measures. Biden admin to decide DAPL’s fate. The…
- Russia: Pandemic Could Continue Affecting Oil Demand Until 2024by Tsvetana Paraskova on 2021-04-09 at 18:00
The pandemic could continue to impact global oil demand until 2024, while the decarbonization plans in major European economies could arise as a new threat to Russia’s oil industry, according to a draft document of Russia’s government seen by Reuters. According to the estimates in the document about the prospects of Russia’s oil industry through 2035, global oil demand could continue to suffer through 2023 or 2024. This year, global oil demand is expected to rise by 5.9 million barrels per day (bpd) compared to last year’s…
USDA – Latest News Releases USDA – Latest News Releases
- USDA Boosts Food Assistance for Homeless Young Adults Seeking Refuge in Sheltersby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-04-09 at 17:00
WASHINGTON, April 9, 2021 – The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced that young adults under the age of 25 experiencing homelessness will now be able to receive meals at emergency shelters participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Statement by Secretary Vilsack on the President’s FY22 Discretionary Funding Requestby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-04-09 at 15:25
WASHINGTON, April 9, 2021 — The Biden-Harris Administration today submitted to Congress the President’s priorities for fiscal year 2022 discretionary spending. The funding request invests in the core foundations of our country’s strength and advances key U.S.
- Joint Statement from Interior Secretary Deb Haaland and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on the Western Water Crisisby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-04-08 at 22:05
WASHINGTON, April 8, 2021 – In response to worsening drought conditions in the West, including in areas like the Klamath River Basin, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland and Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack released the following statement:
- USDA Announces Upcoming Changes to the World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) Rice and Soybean Tablesby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-04-08 at 14:00
WASHINGTON, April 8, 2021 – Starting with the May 12, 2021 release (issue No. 612), the following changes will be made to the World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report:
- FACT SHEET: Update on USDA Activities to Contain the COVID-19 Pandemicby USDA Latest News Releases on 2021-04-07 at 19:30
WASHINGTON, Apr. 7, 2021 — In January 2021, President Biden released the National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness. The plan is driven by science, data, and public health to improve the effectiveness of our nation’s fight against COVID-19 and to restore trust, accountability and a sense of common purpose in our response to the pandemic. The National Strategy provides a roadmap to guide America out of the worst public health crisis in a century. It is organized around seven goals:
- EU refiners set for gradual revival on vaccines, capacity cutsby Bloomberg on 2021-04-09 at 21:29
A gradual recovery in EU refiner profitability is the scenario we envisage amid continued travel restrictions, with further refining-capacity reductions and vaccine rollouts the key determinants.
- BI tracker navigates clean-energy bubble as theme ETFs rebalanceby Bloomberg on 2021-04-09 at 17:40
S&P Global Clean Energy index upheaval may herald shifts for ICLN and INRG, two big iShares ETFs, but also drive renewed interest in the sector as the eligible stock pool expands and policies extend support.
- Asset managers’ 1Q boosted by solid start after strong finishby Bloomberg on 2021-04-09 at 14:16
Asset managers globally are on track for a healthy quarter, boosted by elevated asset prices entering the year.
- Infrastructure costs may raise taxes across the boardby Bloomberg on 2021-04-09 at 13:48
A broad swath of businesses from manufacturers and insurers to multinational technology companies would see their federal taxes increase if President Joe Biden’s tax proposals are passed by Congress later this year.
- Thematic ETFs’ fees overshadowed by wide performance dispersionby Bloomberg on 2021-04-09 at 07:32
Performance among thematic exchange-traded funds can vary widely, outweighing relatively minor differences in fees and emphasizing the importance of product selection.
For the latest commodities news worldwide from the American Petroleum Institute, USDA, Economic Times, Bloomberg News, Oil & Gas Prices, and more, check here daily–save this link!