"Our mission is to cultivate long-term relationships with highly-respected sources and buyers of commodities to facilitate transactions that satisfy the needs of both parties, always abiding by the highest standards."
AMAZON GLOBAL COMMODITIES
AMAZON GLOBAL COMMODITIES is headquartered in Dallas, Texas USA. It offers clients a wide range of Agricultural Commodities that are available from our sources around the world.
AMAZON GLOBAL COMMODITIES also offers a number of Oil & Gas products based upon availability from our Worldwide Sources.
BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS PROFILE
AMAZON GLOBAL COMMODITIES is a joint venture of two successful companies with over 50 years combined experience:
• Metrologia y Datos, S.A. de C.V. was incorporated in 1980 in Monterrey, N.L., Mexico, to service pipeline maintenance & metering devices for PEMEX and service existing work at the Tula Refinery under contract with Brown & Root, Halliburton, Schlumberger, and Petrocel S.A. de C.V on off-shore platforms with work continuing through 1998. Presently, Metrologia y Datos, S.A. de C.V. maintains business activities in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, and Brazil, with a portfolio of 38 clients for special assignments, and trading operations. In 1989, Metrologia y Datos, S.A. de C.V. entered into a Joint Venture Agreement with Hattori-Seiko of Tokyo, Japan to assemble Epson, and Seikosha computer equipment, and medical devices for the Latin American Markets, for the North-American Free Trade agreement signed in 1992 in Monterrey, N.L., Mexico. Two new manufacturing Maquiladoras were established for that purpose near the campus of I.T.E.S.M.
• eCommerce Texas Limited Partners, LLC was incorporated in 1998 in Dallas, Texas, to continue business activities in Mexico from a Texas base. It determined it would benefit from a close proximity to WATSON-USA manufacturing in Fort Worth, Texas for Deep Foundation and Rat-Hole drill rigs for PEMEX. As new wells were brought online and the refinery expansion was being advanced with ongoing work assignments, the company needed to operate with maximum efficiency supporting quick response teams . The company has a successful history of business in Mexico, and several other Latin America Countries. It has already entered into more than a dozen Trading Agreements with clients in Russia, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Argentina, Guatemala, El Salvador, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Republic of Benin, Zanzibar, Brazil, Chile, and Kurdistan.
Meet the Founder
Founder & CEO
A Native Texan who has traveled the world extensively, Larry has played a senior role in international business for decades.
Larry Kelso has over 35 years of Corporate Background and Experience in Management positions with Executive Responsibilities as a Manufacturing Manager, Operations Director, and Division President in several Fortune 50 Corporations including:
- Caterpillar Tractor Company, Inc. — Peoria, Illinois, USA
- Brauer Engineering Company, Inc. — Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anderson Clayton Company, Inc. — Houston, Texas, USA
- ACCO de Mexico, S.R.L. — Leona, N.L., Mexico
- U.S. Department of Energy — Washington, D.C., USA
- Pepsico International, Inc. — Mexico, D.F., Mexico
- A.O. Smith International, Inc. — Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Metalsa, S.A. de C.V. — Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
- Metrologia y Datos, S.A. de C.V. — Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
- Kelpie de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. — Apodaca, N.L., Mexico
- MyDSA-Hattori Seiko de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. — Monterrey, N.L., Mexico
- Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. — Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Watson-USA Incorporated — Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- eCommerce Texas Limited Partners — Dallas, Texas, USA
He was invited in 2016 to join the Board of Directors of Global North Texas as Chair, International Visitors Leadership Program. In 2018, GNTX and World Affairs Council of DFW merged into one program with a new charter for the IVL program under the U.S. Department of State. He remains as a member of the IVL program of World Affairs Council of DFW Sub-Committee. In 2018 World Affairs Council of DFW received 429 international visitors from 102 countries, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State to visit Dallas/Fort Worth and promote the local business environment of North Texas.
Larry is completely fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. He has owned and operated a business in Mexico for 18 years under a Joint Venture with Hattori Seiko Japan and The World Bank. He received Engineering Degrees between Texas A&M and The University of Texas at Arlington. He also earned an Executive M.B.A. from I.P.A.D.E. in Mexico City. Larry maintains and cultivates his numerous contacts in transnational industry through his International Consulting Practice promoting Business Development Project opportunities throughout the Americas.
Please contact us to discuss your needs so we can work with you to fulfill them!